top of page

Join your Hosts, Jim & Marilyn, two fishing and hunting enthusiasts on Swain Lake!

J and M Camp is a remote boat-in fishing camp with one cabin and one operator's cabin. We are located at the end of Swain Lake, which is at the end of the Woman Lake/River System in the Ear Falls area in Northwestern Ontario, Canada.

You are picked up at the Woman River Landing and will boat for 43 miles, one and a half hours up the Woman Lake system to your cabin. 


Swain lake outline.png
The Cabin

About  the Cabin

The cabin which holds a maximum of 4 people, is furnished with running water, a stove, a fridge, a freezer, bed linens, blankets, pillows and all the cooking and eating utensils. The cabin has two bedrooms, each with one double and one twin bed. It has solar lights, a generator backup and a wood stove.


There is a covered fish house for cleaning your fish and a barbecue or propane cooker for deep frying your catch.


We have a shower house and outhouse behind the cabin.


14 ft. Lund boats are provided with live wells, 25 hp motor and gasoline.

Make Sure!

Before arriving at the landing, you must have your fishing/hunting license and bait.


We do not have cell or internet service where we are located.

Internet service is only at the operator's cabin.

What we offer

What we offer


Have fun fishing for walleye, pike, lake trout, and perch on the various lakes around the area. You can portage over to Jasper Lake where you will find another boat to tour around and fish from.

Image by Sebastian Pociecha

Bear Hunting

Bear baits will be set out in the bear management area for the hunting season.


We do not offer moose or deer hunting.

Arriving in Canada

Arriving in Canada

U.S. Citizens traveling between the United States and Canada will be required to present a valid passport.

Take the time to visit before you leave home.

For those travellers with a criminal record we strongly recommend checking out for updated information on the requirements for entering Canada.

U.S. citizens, are encouraged to visit the U.S. Department of State web site at for information on U.S. requirements to enter or return to the United States.

Visitors may temporarily import non-restricted firearms, such as common hunting rifles and shotguns, if they complete Form CAFC 909, Non-Resident Firearm Declaration, and have a valid purpose (e.g. hunting, target shooting, for protection from wild animals in remote areas where firearms are allowed). If they want to import restricted firearms, such as pistols or revolvers, in addition to Form CAFC 909 visitors must complete and submit Form CAFC 679, Application for an Authorization to Transport Restricted Firearms and Prohibited Firearms, in advance to the chief firearms officer of the province or territory to which they intend to import a restricted firearm.

bottom of page